- What made you choose Cape Cod for your wedding?
It is a special place to Leonora’s family and became one to Scott’s side as a result. Leonora’s mother spent her summers growing up there as did Leonora.
- Why would you tell future brides and grooms to get married on Cape Cod?
Cape Cod offers so many options for a perfect wedding. The many seasons, venues, food options, and wonderful people make it an easy decision.
- In a three words, how would you describe your wedding?
Best party ever!
- Was your wedding exactly what you had envisioned?
Exactly and more.
- What was your biggest concern in planning your wedding?
- What was your favorite part of the planning process? What was the most difficult part?
Our favorite part was seeing all of the different aspects of the wedding planning finally start to come together as one cohesive piece. The most difficult was dealing with the inevitable family issues that arise (they all worked out as they usually do).
- What was your favorite part of the wedding?
The dancing to the 12 piece funk band!
- Looking back, would you change anything about your wedding? If so, what and why?
Not a single thing except making sure the groom got some of the raw bar ;)
- Who was your favorite vendor?
Jamie Bohlin and Cape Cod Creations! (not a shameless plug, we promise!)
- What do you think your guests would say their favorite part of your wedding was?Either the dancing at the wedding or the rehearsal dinner after party at the Squire.
- How would you title your wedding? (e.g. The wedding with the best food and dancing!) This was the “There Are No Words For It Party Of 2008!” Some have been heard calling it the “wedding of the century.” Too much?
- Why did you decide to hire a wedding planner?
She was familiar with the venue and extremely knowledgable in Cape specific weddings which we were not. She was our lion between all the areas we could navigate alone.
- How did having a planner contribute to the success of your wedding?
There was no way we could have done it alone because neither of us live on the cape and Jamie was our “boots on the ground” person.
- For upcoming brides, why do you think it is important for them to consider hiring a planner?
It alleviates enormous amounts of undue stress and allows you to think about the important things. They also get all the dumb groomsman in line and where they are supposed to be.
- What was it like working with a planner? What was your overall experience like?
It was incredible easy and our experience could not have been better.
- Why would you recommend Cape Cod Celebrations over other companies?
As a person who works in the wedding industry (photography) I have seen and worked with many planning companies. Cape Cod Celebrations is at the top of the planning world. Professional, accommodating, and easy to communicate with.
- What advice would you give other brides about planning a wedding?
Don’t do it alone and don’t give “jobs” to family members. Hire professionals.
- What was most helpful to you in the planning process?
Having someone be able to speak on our behalf and advocate for us
- What do you wish you would have known before planning your wedding?
How much actually goes into planning a wedding. Especially who and how to seat people!
- What do you think will be the next big trend for weddings? What do you think weddings will be like 20 years from now?
I think the next big trend will be “What’s old is new again.” Going back to more traditional weddings. Weddings in 20 years will be harder to dance at because the music will be bad (unless they play the “oldies”) and our joints with be sore. ;)
- How’s married life!?
Challenging everyday in an amazing way! The best.