Everyone is looking for ways to wow their guests at their wedding, so we have come up with a few fun ideas that may add an element of fun and surprise to your day! Have a special surprise you are planning? Share it with us!
Who doesn't like fireworks?!? Fireworks are a great way to end a very special day and it is always a great element of surprise. The tricky thing about fireworks on Cape Cod is the time of year and location, not to mention the cost. We typically work with Atlas, based in NH, and they can set off displays from barges or the beach depending on the requirements of the town.
Everyone also loves delicious and fun food! Why not surprise your guests with a sneaky treat during the wedding? We have seen ice cream trucks drive up at the end of the wedding while guests are leaving - Choco Taco anyone? - and Ben and Jerry's come with an ice cream sundae bar. Yum!
Want to keep the fun during the wedding? Rent a cotton candy machine or snow cone maker for your guests to enjoy - just check with your caterer or venue first to make sure they can man it for you!
Late night snacks for the dance floor are always a hit - but have fun with it! Change it up with donuts, mini milk shakes and cookies, mini ice cream cones or go savory with cones of fries, tater tots or mini lobster rolls! Your guests will thank you!
Beverages are also a fun way to add an element of surprise to your day! At cocktail hour, consider a specialty bar where guests can make their own version of your favorite alcohol - think prosecco bar, gin bar or whiskey bar. If you love beer, feature a beer bar of local favorites - we have so many great breweries on Cape Cod! Or after dinner, open up a coffee bar where guests can add in their favorite liquor.
Once the dance floor opens there are great ways to surprise your guests with more fun! If you or your groom love cigars, consider hiring a cigar roller to come to the event and roll fresh cigars for everyone to enjoy or take home. After kicking off the next big step in your future, think about a twist and feature a tarot card reader for your guests to see what their future may have in store!
For your after party, think of fun ways to surprise your guests with pops of WOW like a light up dance floor, gambling tables or karaoke! Think of ways to make your after party a totally different feel than the wedding so walking into the space will be like they just entered a whole new party.
There are so many other new and fun ideas of ways to surprise your guests, just think outside the box and bring in elements that you may not have even considered for your wedding day!
I always love when we cross over into a new year, because my brides can finally say “I am getting married this year!”. Which also means that their wedding day is creeping even closer and wedding planning has to get kicked into high gear. Here is a list of what my 2014 brides are working on at this point in their planning process once the New Year has hit.
1. Finalizing the Guest List: Who are definite? Who can we cut? Are kids invited?
2. Vendors: If your major vendors are not secured yet (florist, photographer, DJ/Band) get on it and make some final decisions!
3. Venue: If you do not have a venue and you are looking at 2014, you will need to reach out ASAP to get availability in the months you are interested in! At this time, September 2014 is almost completely booked for most venues and vendors!
4. Save-The-Dates: At this point, most all weddings for 2014 should have sent their save the dates. The exception would be weddings in October, November, December.
5. Invites: The process should be in the works for design! Invites go out around 3 months before your wedding date.
6. Wedding Website: Be sure you have one and that it is up to date with information!
7. Payments: Be sure to do a review of your vendor contracts and see when your next payments are due.
8. Attire: Finalize what everyone is wearing and start ordering!
9. Rings: Start looking at wedding bands and be sure to order them in time so that they are ready for you to pick-up a couple of weeks before the wedding!
10. The Fun Stuff: Decor, favors, photo booths, oh my!
Plan. Relax. Enjoy.
At Cape Cod Celebrations, your vision is our brand. Learn more about how we can help you pull together your beautiful Cape Cod Wedding.