The ceremony is typically held on a beach on Cape Cod and there are so many to choose from! For a small elopement for 2-10ppl I would say that a permit is really not required for a beach ceremony, especially if you are not using chairs or any decorations. Other places we have seen elopement ceremonies are:
- By the fireplace in Chatham Bars Inn’s South Lounge with a private dinner to follow in their restaurant STARS
- In the backyard of a private home or rental property with a chef cooking a private meal after the ceremony
- Boardwalk in Sandwich or Yarmouth Port
The clients that we have worked with in the past are usually looking for very nice, private dinner after they get married. We recommend places all over the Cape, but here are some of our favorites for a nice dinner to celebrate together:
- 28 Atlantic at The Wequassett
- STARS at Chatham Bars Inn
- PB Boulangerie Bistro in Wellfleet
- Ocean House in Dennisport
Most elopments do not need to hire many vendors for their ceremony, but most consider hiring the following vendors so that they can enjoy the day and capture beautiful memories.
- Photographer - depending on the day of the week and time of day, most photographers will do an elopement package for you. Just try to avoid Saturdays in the summer!
- Florist - some of our clients wanted to carry a bouquet and have the groom wear a boutonniere so we recommended florists that could accommodate a small order.
- Wedding Planner - To find the most special locations on the Cape and to easily find vendors to help you, hiring a wedding planner will making the planning process easier and much less stressful!
- Hair & Makeup - Even though it is a small event, what girl doesn’t like getting dolled up?!