Back in 2017 we started a "Cape Cod Couples Tell All" series with Scott and Leonora and continued it last year with Annie and Brian. This year we are kicking it back in to gear with Courtney & Caleb who were married April 18, 2015 at Chatham Bars Inn - 4 years ago!
1. What made you choose Cape Cod for your wedding?
Beautiful setting and a special connection to the venue, itself.
2. Why would you tell future brides and grooms to get married on Cape Cod?
Cape Cod is absolutely gorgeous and serene at any time of year. Even in the heart of winter, you cannot beat the breathtaking views of the ocean and the cool crisp air. We were married in early spring to avoid the summer crowds and the weather on our wedding day was absolutely perfect, 60 degrees and sunny with the bluest sky. We couldn’t have asked for more.
1. In three words, how would you describe your wedding?
Whimsical, entertaining, intimate.
2. Was your wedding exactly what you had envisioned?
Perfect! Exceeded our expectations.
3. What was your biggest concern in planning your wedding?
Trying to keep the day true to our identities.
4. What was your favorite part of the planning process? What was the most difficult part?The food tasting! And getting to know all of our vendors well. Really can’t think of any difficulties. A true testament to how easy Jamie made the process for us! She did most of the hard work!
5. What was your favorite part of the wedding?
The ceremony, the food, the ambiance, the food, the reception, the food. Did I mention the food? Honestly, everything from start to finish. Being able to relax on our wedding day knowing Jamie was handling everything behind the scenes. We were able to truly enjoy the day with nothing on our minds but each other.
6. Looking back, would you change anything about your wedding? If so, what and why?
Not a thing!
7. Who was your favorite vendor?
CBI! They executed the most amazing menu for the day.
8. What do you think your guests would say their favorite part of your wedding was?
Overall, how unique it was. Specifically, the food, the photo booth, and all the dancing at the reception.
9. How would you title your wedding? (e.g. The wedding with the best food and dancing!)
Best wedding ever!
1. Why did you decide to hire a wedding planner?
To make the process easier and less time-consuming and to get guidance on local vendors.
2. How did having a planner contribute to the success of your wedding?
It contributed immensely! We needed Jamie’s firsthand knowledge of the venue and her experience with all of the vendors. She was able to guide us in the right direction based on our personal style and vision. Also, just offering the simple tip of how to stand with each other during our ceremony was so helpful!
3. For upcoming brides, why do you think it is important for them to consider hiring a planner?
It’ll save so much time during the process as you’ll have to devote less energy to researching venues and vendors.
4. What was it like working with a planner? What was your overall experience like?
Wonderful! We had the best time working with Jamie! She truly respected our vision for the day and guided us in the right direction to make sure our wedding felt unique and personal. She “got” us.
5. Why would you recommend Cape Cod Celebrations over other companies?
You’ll get such an individualized experience, Jamie will truly make you feel like you’re her only client.
1. What advice would you give other brides about planning a wedding?
Get as much help as you can, otherwise it can be so overwhelming. Just remember the day is ultimately about you and your partner and as long as you are staying true to yourselves, your wedding will be perfect!
2. What was most helpful to you in the planning process?
Jamie’s knowledge and attentiveness.
3. What do you wish you would have known before planning your wedding?
How easy it could be with help!
1. What do you think will be the next big trend for weddings? What do you think weddings will be like 20 years from now?
I think weddings will become more personalized over time. You’ll see more weddings reflecting what couples want to do and less what they feel like they have to do. There won’t be as much of a wedding “script” and couples will feel more free to design their day based on their own personal identities.
2. How’s married life!?
It is amazing! We’ve had such a blissful 4-years of marriage and have been back to the Cape for 2 anniversaries/baby moons since our wedding and really got to relive the magical moments of our wedding day on both occasions. We feel so lucky to have had such a special and personalized wedding and owe so much to Jamie for making it all happen!
Wedding Planner - Jamie at Cape Cod Celebrations
Photographer - Organic Photography
Florist - Lilacs
Venue - Chatham Bars Inn Beach House Grill
Hair & Makeup - Lisa George
Band - Murray Hill Talent
Rentals - Be Our Guest (now Peak Event Services)
Stationery - Lucky Luxe
We were recently asked to share our thoughts on the "unplugged ceremony" for a recent blog post from our friend Christine of Salty Broad Studios. Talking about social media and the wedding ceremony and getting ready for the first weddings of the season in a couple of months got us thinking it's no better time to talk about social media on the wedding day. Here are tips for maneuvering the "etiquette of digital" when you are a guest at your friend or family member's wedding.
1. Pick Up THE CUES:
2. Remember FOMO IS REAL:
Consider guests who may not be able to attend the wedding due to any number of reasons. Some couples are up against room maximums or budget constraints and may not be able to invite everyone they would like to their wedding day. Keeping details like venue and time under wraps, is a good way to help your friends out and be sensitive to those who may not be able to attend.
3. Wedding Planning has it covered:
Keep in mind the wedding couple have most likely been planning for a long time. Many couples put a lot of thought into who will be their photographer and videographer for the day of. The professionals do their best to capture all of the moments the couple wants on the day of as beautifully as possible. Look out for the professional vendors especially during the wedding ceremony, it's sometimes hard to work around your cellular device in the ceremony aisle or grand exit!
4. SAVE SOME FOR LATER:
Love live streaming every moment of your day? Maybe take a minute and step away from the device and take in all of the details the wedding couple has created for your guest experience. Also, your friends may want to be the first ones to share live moments of the wedding day or pick and choose which moments from the wedding they want to share. #latergram is a thing and we're all about it!
5. Make it nice:
The lighting is off, the picture is blurry? Keep those images for yourself. Be just as selective as you would be on your wedding day when choosing images to share, the wedding couple will thank you for it!
Still not sure?
Plan. Relax. Enjoy.
At Cape Cod Celebrations, your vision is our brand. Learn more about how we can help you pull together your beautiful Cape Cod Wedding.