Our final episode of the second season of our IGTV series is LIVE! Gather Around the Table with Laura Davis & Nancy Nadeau of Cosmos Catering!
A top Cape Cod catering company since 2002, Laura & Nancy of Cosmos Catering have led their team with a passion for food and commitment to excellence. With Nancy in the front of house and Laura in the kitchen, these partners cater from Provincetown all the way to Brewster and beyond!
Throughout the pandemic, Laura & Nancy have kept busy with smaller weddings and events. Listen in at 2.5 minutes to hear about their pandemic pivot! A true local business finding ways to serve their Provincetown community with delicious deli sandwiches, snacks & more. If you are out in Ptown, make sure to stop at Cosmos to Go!
And if you don't already, follow Laura, Nancy & their staff! @cosmoscatering
Gather Around the Table with Merrisa & Nick of Merrisa Caroline Photography & Nick Court Films!
This husband and wife team of high school sweethearts are newer to the Cape Cod wedding industry and have been capturing weddings on the Cape and beyond for 3 years. These native Cape Codders bring a laid-back and fun vibe to the wedding day whether on the Cape or around the world. They love a chance to explore new places and even have their own YouTube channel about travel! No matter what, this wander-lusting couple loves to call the Cape their home.
Make sure to listen in at 2 minutes where Merrisa & Nick fill us in on their wedding day tradition!
Make sure you follow Merrisa & Nick! @merrisacarolinephotography
Hello Moms! Your son or daughter just got engaged! How fun! How crazy! How overwhelming! You are going to have a crazy couple of months ahead of you in the planning process so we decided to collect a list of roles that you will have from now until “I Do”.
Mother of the Bride
You have always dreamt of this day when your little girl would find the love of her life and walk down the aisle! Be sure to remember that this is her wedding and she may have some crazy ideas, but you will have to be supportive throughout the stressful process. Here is a list of “Mother-of-the-Bride Roles” for you to keep in mind while she is planning away!
- Come up with a budget you are comfortable with early on in the process
- Make your guest list and keep in mind that it is not ideal for your daughter to meet anyone for the first time at her wedding!
- Be supportive! Times have changed and there is a lot of added stress that comes from planning a wedding. Be her rock when she needs it!
- Hire a planner! It is definitely a smart move - mostly because if you don’t have someone there the day of the wedding to help, you may be doing it all and not enjoying the day the way you should.
- Be available. There are lots of meetings and decisions that have to be made and you are most likely going to need to be by her side when she makes them. Be sure that you can make yourself available for her when needed.
- Get to know the next lady who's role we are going to talk about below. The more you are on the same team, the easier the planning process will go!
Mother of the Groom
Your son found the love of his life and now the planning begins! We have come up with a list of things for you to keep in mind throughout the planning process!
- Make your guest list and keep in mind that it is not ideal for your son to meet anyone for the first time at his wedding!
- Be Supportive! Let your soon-to-be daughter or son-in-law live their wedding dreams even if it was not what you would had in mind.
- Find a great rehearsal dinner venue and include your son in the process.
- Find a beautiful Mother of the Groom dress and be sure to ask what colors would be appropriate.
- Enjoy the process. Because it is not your daughter getting married, if you have a daughter, you really need to take a bit of a back seat on this one. When they wants your help with the wedding planning process, they will ask for it, but be sure they know you are available!
- Get to know the first lady that we talked about above. The more you are on the same team, the easier the planning process will go!
Plan. Relax. Enjoy.
At Cape Cod Celebrations, your vision is our brand. Learn more about how we can help you pull together your beautiful Cape Cod Wedding.