"Cape Cod Couples Tell All" series is back at it again! We took a trip down memory lane with Kate & Nick in June. Now we reminisce with Hannah & Joe who were married August 18, 2012 at Family Tabor Academy/family home in Mattapoisett, MA- 7 years ago this month!!
1. What made you choose Cape Cod for your wedding?
I grew up in Mattapoisett and spent my childhood exploring the shoreline and ocean, and knew that I’d want to get married close to home. I also attended Tabor Academy for high school and wanted to honor that special time in my life by getting married in their chapel.
2. Why would you tell future brides and grooms to get married on Cape Cod?
It is such a beautiful place and has such a cute, quaint feel that is perfect for weddings
1. In a three words, how would you describe your wedding?
Detailed, classy & fun!
2. Was your wedding exactly what you had envisioned?
Even better than I imagined!
3. What was your biggest concern in planning your wedding?
Putting all of my ideas together in a clear, concise and organized way. I had the vision, but wasn’t sure how to pull it all together
4. What was your favorite part of the planning process? What was the most difficult part?
I loved finding special little details to add to the wedding decor to make it really personal, as well as putting together the actual wedding ceremony together myself. The most difficult part was sticking to a budget haha!
5. What was your favorite part of the wedding?
6. Looking back, would you change anything about your wedding? If so, what and why?
I wouldn’t change anything!
7. Who was your favorite vendor?
Our photographer Alanna Scully, who perfectly captured our day with her beautiful photo-journalistic style and candids!
8. What do you think your guests would say their favorite part of your wedding was?
We have heard it time and time again that it was one of the best weddings theyve been to! They loved the food and the dancing!
9. How would you title your wedding? (e.g. The wedding with the best food and dancing!)
The wedding with incredible food, lots of dancing and personalized attention to detail
1. Why did you decide to hire a wedding planner?
I wanted support and help to organize my vision for my special day
2.How did having a planner contribute to the success of your wedding?
Having a planner really helped to pull everything together, I loved also bouncing ideas off of each other, getting an experienced perspective on how different ideas would work, and to help me to save money on most things!
3. For upcoming brides, why do you think it is important for them to consider hiring a
Planning a wedding is so much work and two heads are better than one, and planners help to put our fires that may come up on your wedding day when you should be completely immersed in the day rather than worrying about anything!
4. What was it like working with a planner? What was your overall experience like?
It was excellent! Jamie was incredible from start to finish- she was professional, organized, and incredibly helpful with everything from tracking down our caterer to buying more bottles of vodka the night of the wedding when we were running low, to holding my veil and hiding behind my dress for photos (it was windy), and setting up all the details on the morning of the wedding! She also ran our wedding rehearsal which was incredibly helpful!!
5. Why would you recommend Cape Cod Celebrations over other companies?
Their experience and reputation are a cut above the rest!
1. What advice would you give other brides about planning a wedding?
Hire a planner- for real. Also, have fun through the process and remember the core of why you’re planning a wedding in the first place- to celebrate your partnership and commitment to each other. Sometimes it’s easy to get lost in seating charts and opinions of others, but ultimately it is about the two of you!
2.What was most helpful to you in the planning process?
I loved being able to email/communicate with Jamie whenever I needed to throughout the planning process- it made it easy to tackle things without getting overwhelmed
3. What do you wish you would have known before planning your wedding?
Weddings are more expensive than you think haha! But hiring a planner helped us to save money!
1. What do you think will be the next big trend for weddings? What do you think weddings will be like 20 years from now?
Drones will film it? Or maybe that’s already happening?
2. How’s married life!?
Married life is wonderful and hard and fun and boring and everything in between. We have had some incredible highs and heartbreaking lows, but have grown together through everything.
Plan. Relax. Enjoy.
At Cape Cod Celebrations, your vision is our brand. Learn more about how we can help you pull together your beautiful Cape Cod Wedding.