Being a bridesmaid is a tough job! It includes everything from buying an expensive dress and shoes to assisting the bride in the bathroom in her wedding dress and everything in between! I have put together a list of important things to know and do as a bridesmaid, especially to a bride with a destination wedding planned.
- Call and/or email at least twice a month to check in on how plans are coming along, and offer to help of course!
- Travel with the bride to her wedding location if at all possible. It could be a long drive and she may want another eye besides her family and fiance.
- Assist with picking out the bridesmaid dresses, if you can, and be the first to be fitted and purchase your dress
- Help with travel plans for you and other bridesmaids
- Don't lose touch - the bride chose you to stand by her on her wedding day, one of the most important days of her life. You obviously mean something very important to her, so do not let that connection fade.
Weekend of the Wedding
- Be on time for everything and make sure everyone else is as well
- Assist in putting together and delivering welcome baskets
- Don't drink too much the night of the rehearsal dinner, it is mostly likely you need to wake up early for hair and make-up
- Keep her calm and make sure she has everything she needs
- If she does not have a wedding planner, put together an emergency kit for her
- Assist her with bathroom trips once she is in her dress
- Help with the bustle
- Keep her lipstick handy for reapplication
- Make sure she eats enough throughout the day, water too
- Have fun!
If all else fails, remember that it is HER weekend, the best weekend of her life, so do whatever you can to be there for her, just like she will be there for you, always.
Leave a Reply.
Plan. Relax. Enjoy.
At Cape Cod Celebrations, your vision is our brand. Learn more about how we can help you pull together your beautiful Cape Cod Wedding.